Kapa Mount Pvc
KAPA® mount is a lightweight foam board with aluminium reinforced liners and chromo board cover liners. The panel is fire retardant and conforms to DIN 4102 B2 as well as EN 13501-1:E.KAPA® mount is ideal for screen and flat-bed UV digital printing due to the aluminium reinforced liners. KAPA® mount is also suitable for mechanical lamination and wet lamination (even with solvent based glues and inks).
Processing instructions for KAPA® lightweight boards
- Use a cutting mat as an underlay
- Mark out the size to be cut
Position a steel or aluminium straight edge, pressing down to prevent slippage.
Cut in a smooth, continuous motion along the straight edge, (keeping the cutting blade as flat as possible).
Multiple passes may be necessary, especially on boards of 5mm thickness and more.
Cutting with a vertical or table cutting unit:
Set up the cutting guide precisely and at 90°. The material holder and the cutting head are then moved, either manually or electrically
Properties & advantages at a glance
- Class 1 flame retardant
- High quality mounting panel for digital prints and large format photographs • Infill panel for exhibition and display systems
- Excellent level of stiffness
- Applicable for manual and mechanical lamination (also wet lamination)
- Easy processing and excellent cutting characteristics with standard blades • Superb printability with either UV digital or screen printing